Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jay-Z Talks "My President Is Black" Remix

A little over a day after Jay-Z's "My President Is Black" remix had Hip Hop heads worldwide buzzing in delight, MTV's Sway caught up with the man himself to get some insight on the barely audible lyrics heard around the world via a shaky cam video.

"Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk/ Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run/ Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly," he raps on the track, which he debuted Sunday at Love nightclub in Washington, D.C.

"So I'mma spread my wings/ You could meet me in the sky."

"It's just the progression. ... You sat, you walked, you ran, you ran to fly," Jay told MTV News about the lyrics he has been reciting since beginning of the election...



"You know, just the progression and how far we've come as a nation. It feels good to say that, 'cause I never had that type of feeling to say as a nation, like I was part of the American dream. And I believe a lot of people didn't feel like a part of the American process for so long."

The official track will presumably be released on Inauguration Day.

Jay also spoke about the delay on Blue Print 3, his eleventh studio album rumored for a February 2009 release.

"For me, the process of getting in the [studio] and really getting focused is difficult with so many things going on and I wanna make it beyond and above--so I'mma take my time with it. I don't have any quarters to make or anything like that, which is a great feeling for me--it may be too freeing."

Source: World Wide Connect

No comments: