Sunday, September 21, 2008

Andre 3000 Plots Comeback, Solo Release On The Way

OutKast’s Andre 3000 has officially revealed plans to release his upcoming solo debut by as early as this year. According to Rolling Stone, the ATLien will be returning to store shelves with his first album without group member Big Boi. Rather than giving an exact date, Andre hinted at when he expects to release the currently untitled project...

“It should be dropping by the end of this year or early next year,” he told Rolling Stone. “I’ve pretty much been working by myself.”

Despite adding lyricism and popularizing singles from artists like John Legend, Fonzworth Bentley, Rich Boy, DJ Unk and UGK, Andre has decided to cut down his guest appearances for his own album.

“I’ve never really been that big on collaboration," he said. "I have a concept, and all the soundscapes are already in my head, so I just have to figure out how to get there. I’ve learned that I’m most powerful when I’m doing my art.”

Aside from hip-hop, Andre makes his return to the big screen in tomorrow’s debut film, Battle In Seattle. Co-starring Woody Harrelson, the film has the rapper-turned-actor playing an activist during 1999’s World Trade Organization summit.

Source: SOHH

No comments: