Wednesday, April 9, 2008

T.I. News

T.I. says an unreleased song of his that just leaked wasn't intended for public consumption

On the track "Hunt 'Em Down," which just hit the Net, Tip is seeking the ultimate retribution. "Why these p---y n---as runnin' around?/ Hunt 'em down," he raps. "I want they head, I want 'em now."
The King of the South called MTV News on Monday afternoon (April 7) and explained that the record was made shortly after his friend Philant Johnson was murdered a couple of years ago...
"What I want to get out there to people is that this is an unauthorized, unmixed [song]," he clarified this afternoon. "It's not a Paper Trail record. I didn't record the song during any of this [recent] situation [with the law] I got going on right now. It was the first time I stepped into the booth and did a song after Phil had passed. That was the very first record I did, so of course it's a lot of rage, frustration on there. It was never meant to be released. It's not up to the same standard and quality of material I'm recording right now for Paper Trail.
"I don't want people to get it twisted," he continued. "I appreciate [that] the people are eager to hear me, and they'll take what they can get right now, but that ain't what we putting out there. We got something way better for them. If they like that, then when they hear what I got, they gonna be more than pleased."
Tip has already recorded dozens of songs for the LP and is still in the studio. He and his team are currently choosing a first single.
"We're contemplating on it. But in the next couple of weeks you'll hear something," he said. "We're going in the studio, picking something out, getting it mixed ASAP. It will be premiered on StreetCred.com first and foremost."

Outside of Paper Trail, T.I. is also going be featured on some cameos. His guest spot on Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar" remix has been out for weeks, and in the near future, he'll appear on another high-profile song.

"We got a remix coming out — I won't tell you who, but it's some fellow A-Town representatives, and they're occupying the top spot on the Billboard charts right now with this record," he revealed coyly. "It's gonna be one in the club. Something for the club."

Obviously, the biggest record on the Billboard charts right now is Usher's "Love in This Club," which features Young Jeezy. Both are Atlanta staples. September has been Paper Trail's planned release date, but nothing is confirmed yet.

"We're getting the music right first, then we'll set the date."
Tip is currently out on bail, awaiting sentencing stemming from gun charges in Atlanta last fall. As part of a plea deal, he will be serving more than 1,500 hours of community service.
Source: MTV

1 comment:

ruhmlos.com said...

yeah yeah it`s all good !
but you ain`t seen nothin till you seen this here backstage channel:

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/18531-thisis50com

he posts loads of shit and it`s the bomb !!