Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kanye Joins Lil Wayne On 'Tha Carter III'

Kanye West has joined the roster of contributors to Lil Wayne's long-in-the-works album "Tha Carter III," tentatively due in May via Cash Money/Universal.

The rapper broke the news this week during an interview with BBC Radio DJ Semtex, saying West appears on three tracks and that Swizz Beatz, Jim Jonson and Deezle also appear...

"I hope it sells well," Wayne said of the album. "I never [boast] because I know you can come out and not sell [one] record. I put my all into it, it's me on a platter so if you don't like it, then you don't like me."

Wayne told Billboard in February that Hurricane Chris, Corey Gunz, Tyga, Jibbs, Shanell, Kidd Kidd, Mack Maine and Lil Mama have recorded features for the album. In addition, the rapper has worked with Alchemist and Cool & Dre.

The new album's first single, "Lollipop," is the top debut this week at No. 56 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

Source: Billboard

1 comment:

ruhmlos.com said...

sure is cool stuff !
lil wayne is kina cool anyway.
he now also has a backstage channel like this one here from fiddy:

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/18531-thisis50com

it`s bangin !