Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Joe Budden Says It's Best If Jay Z Doesn't Respond

Contrary to earlier reports, New Jersey rapper Joe Budden is still attached to Def Jam Records. In a recent interview with Shade45, Budden says that although he is about "99.6%" off the label-- his "Mood Muzik 3 mixtape" has rekindled Def Jams interest in the Jersey city rapper..."We're about 99.6%..I would say that's off. That Mood Muzik dropped and they were like 'whoa' time out...we may be making a big mistake." Said Joe jokingly. Though he isn't completely off the label, Joe says he wouldn't stay if given the opportunity. "I wouldn't stay over there..It's quiet apparent that they have no idea what to do with Hip Hop." He retorted. When asked about the Jay Z diss "Talk To Em," Joe says he doesn't care if Jay responds and that it'd be best if he didn't. "I go in the booth and I get shit off my chest for me. Alot of times it'll be misconstrued by the fans cause they don't have all the information--they don't have the inside scoop. I didn't really do it for him to necessarily respond and it's probably the best thing that he doesn't." Joe said of the track. "Nigga's looking like Larry Holmes, flabby and sick...And this is to take nothing away from dude or his body of work--but I heard the shit that he said to Jim Jones--weak like seven days." He continued. Budden's is currently working a new album set to hit stores this spring, entitled "The Padded Room." He will also be releasing an album version of Mood Muzic 3 on February 28th via Amalgam Digital. Source: hiphop-elements.com

No comments: