Monday, January 28, 2008

Gnarls CD Nearly Done; Danger Mouse Branches Out

Gnarls Barkley's sophomore album is nearing completion, although a name and a release date have yet to be revealed. One song confirmed to have made the cut is a psychedelic soul tune first played for Billboard last summer, and marked by the Cee-Lo lyric "Who's gonna save my soul now?""I'm hoping that I don't fall out of grace with whatever I've done to deserve this to pass through me," Cee-Lo told Billboard last summer. "So I become concerned with it in that right. It's not something I want to get in every publication and explain...
"Music is a natural mystic," he continued. "This is not something that we contrived. It's truly something that we just can't explain, you know what I mean? So why try to explain it at all? It just is."In the meantime, Danger Mouse has his hands full with numerous projects. Beyond producing the new Black Keys album, "Attack & Release," he contributed songwriting and production to Martina Topley-Bird's "The Blue God," due this summer via Independiente.Arriving in May is the Shortwave Set's tentatively titled "Replica Sun Machine," which features production by Danger Mouse and a 24-piece orchestra conducted by Beach Boys collaborator Van Dyke Parks, as well as an appearance by the Velvet Underground's John Cale.

Source: Billboard

No comments: